Archive for » June, 2014 «

June 19th, 2014 | Author:

Friday morning Kelley and I start the adventure. We are flying to Ketchikan, spend the night and then fly on to Anchorage. After one night there we will take the domed train to Denali where we will head for the backcountry lodge. If I am able, I will post.

We have been watching the movements of Lady K. I think that the weather is cooperating. Lady K has AIS and we have been following her progress. Here is the link we are using, an account is free and then you can put Lady K in your fleet and always find her.

Category: 2014, Alaska, Cruising, The Big U  | Comments off
June 02nd, 2014 | Author:

Yesterday was the day that we on the Lady K were looking forward to, however, Mother Nature squashed our plans. The reservations to Seattle were cancelled.

The boat has been unable to leave the dock and begin its trip north. The waves and wind have been too strong…today Chuck said that when there is an opportunity to start, Tim will get to Monterey and wait for another opportunity to go on.

Because of the uncertainty and our reservations to visit Denali, Kelley and I are flying on the 20th to Ketchikan; on the 21st we will fly to Anchorage and then begin the trip to Denali. Now our hope is that the boat will be in Alaska by the 28th, when our side-trip is finished.

Thanks a lot, Mother.

Category: 2014, California, The Big U  | Comments off